Skills for Assertive Communication
Communication is the basis for all human interactions and much more for all group functions. Every group must take in and use information and the existence of a group depends on communication; that is the exchange of information and making meaning of the content of that information.
Individuals need to develop an efficient personal ability and professional skills for communicating clearly and effectively. This is in order to achieve maximum utilization of organization’s resources and information; a process which requires a high level of self-awareness and sensitivity to the extent of impacting on the individual behavior of members of the organization and others around them. Assertive communication amongst professional members of a business or any organization creates the ability to respond confidently and professionally in a range of situations, including those that are difficult or stressful to handle.
This course which is a part of our bouquet of courses for personal and service efficiency will enable students to develop both their personal attributes and professional abilities. It is based on proven communication techniques which are invaluable in a wide range of workplace situations. The outline includes the three main categories of behavior that make the assertiveness model, namely; passive, aggressive and assertive. The course is designed to create for the students an opportunity to develop skills in dealing confidently and professionally with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders. The course will use self-analysis tools and practical examples, and will include especially how individuals can become more assertive from both gender and age sensitive perspectives in a variety of professional settings.
This course is particularly recommended for ladies or gentlemen who would like to fulfill their potentials at work, and/or would like to improve their confidence in dealing more effectively within a range of situations and settings at work. It is also very ideal for young professionals currently in or fast approaching positions of authority that will require dealing with multicultural and multidiscipline teams.
Some of the objectives of the course are;
- To enable delegates to develop confidence and skills to communicate effectively in a wide range of situations
- To focus on key issues and challenges relating to assertive communication for women, such as: developing and maintaining self-esteem, working with ‘difficult’ colleagues/customers/suppliers, dealing with aggression and conflict.
- To introduce powerful and flexible tools and techniques for communicating effectively, whatever the participants’ previous experience or circumstances
- To facilitate the development of strategies for improving delegates’ ongoing personal development
- To cover essential topics in a relatively short time, whilst ensuring an immediate impact
- To appreciate various communication styles and pave the way for active listening.
- To learn how to identify and avoid common misunderstanding.
Registration and Contact Details
|Date:||December 10 - 11, 2018|
|Registration fee:||N10,000 (non-refundable)|
|Tuition fee:||N110,000 (One Hundred and Ten Thousand Naira Only)|
|For Further Enquiries, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 08090890909, 08085369898, 08085369976, 08086815957|
|Register Online Recommend Programme|