Budgeting & Budgetary Control Methods
Budgeting is more than mere vague oversight or cooking up imaginary cost and expenditures; they must be deliberate and guided by sound assumptions. Budgeting should deliver the corporate strategy, add shareholder value and lead to a well-run business – for the benefit of all involved in it. Effective budgeting leads to real control – effective day-today operational control and more.
This course demonstrates what proper budgeting and operational control can do. It shows that Budgets can deliver and they should be tied to the corporate strategy.
Linking the Tactical Budget to Strategic Objectives
- The Strategic Planning Process and the Budget as a Plan
- Aligning the Budget with the Organization’s Strategy
Principles of Budgeting and Cost Control
- The Critical Functions of Management
- Is Control the Missing Link?
- Role of Cost Management in the Business Strategy
- Cost Management and Motivation
- Embedding Cost Control in the Business
- Role of Finance in Cost Control
Budgeting and Costing Techniques
- Forecasting Methods
- Break-Even Analysis
- Role of Forecasts and the Link to Strategy
- Comparing and Contrasting Budgets and Forecasts
- Identifying key Business Drivers
- The Rolling Forecast Process
- Forecasting Methods
Management use of budget and forecast data
- The Different Types of Reports and Their Uses
- Developing Quality Commentary
- Structuring the Monthly Management Meeting to Best Use the New Information
- Reporting Software
Cost Control and Management Budget Reports
- Budget as a Control Tool
- Approaches to Cost Control
- Understanding the Need for Timeliness and Precision
- Variance Analysis
- Problems in Budgeting
Registration and Contact Details
|Date:||August 1 - 2, 2019|
|Registration fee:||N10,000 (non-refundable)|
|Tuition fee:||N140,000 (One Hundred and Fourty Thousand Naira Only)|
|For Further Enquiries, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 08090890909, 08085369898, 08085369976, 08086815957|
|Register Online Recommend Programme|
This is a good course capable of helping me to do more for my organization. The instructors are well versed and knowledgeable in the subject areas. The seminar has been worth while for me and given me insights more than I expected. All the courses are valuable.
Ogunkunle Olalere Abiodun - Saint Nicholas Hospital
My expectation on the modules were exceeded and I am impressed. The class was very participatory and a lot of collaboration among the course participants. I found most valuable the case studies.
Olufemi Ojo - Asset & Resource Management Company (ARM)
This course exposes me more to the essence of budgeting in an organisation. This course taught me how important budget is to the survival of the organization.
Wale Adeniran - Covenant Microfinance Bank
I found the course content valuable, the facilitators most professional. The course was very helpful. I find myself admitting that Budgeting and Forecasting will help pathfinders.
Job Obinna Onyeokwu Onyenso - Pathfinders International
The programme was very knowledgeable, impactful and interesting. I found most valuable the practical aspect of the course.
Akubor Ego - Relentech Specialist Nigeria Limited