Management of Medical & Health Care Organisations
The Management of medical practice is a fast emerging area of management study. Previously managers (or management professionals) were not so involved in medicine and medical businesses. Doctors generally worked as independent entities, managing (or running more like) their practices as best as they deemed. A lot of very promising practices had died prematurely and many of the successful ones unable to sustain their records.
In Nigeria, the advent of Health Management Organisations (HMOs) and the increasing government inspired health care regulations have led to a change in how doctors run medical organisations. For that reason, it is becoming increasingly compulsory for medical practitioners to account for both their actions and practice methodologies.
The introduction of health insurance companies (HMOs) and other government-funded NHIS programs have further complicated the delivery (not the availability or affordability) of health care in Nigeria particularly for medical practitioners who lack management training and experience. Management, documentation and accountability became a part of the medical job and doctors are now faced with the many daunting tasks they considered alien to their practice. Many of them blame good government programmes just for the sheer process and principle involved in them not because the programmes are bad.
Moreover, many doctors have found themselves bewildered by the processes and policies involved in managing the medical practice. Medical schools did not provide any training in these matters and most doctors were ill-equipped to take them on. More and more medical practitioners are now hiring someone to handle these responsibilities so they could get back to their core competences. Over the time the role of management in medical practice has grown and expanded to take on all aspects of medical and health businesses (outside of treating patients) to become what we know of today as management of medical practice.
Learning OutcomesThe management of medical practice course is a very intensive professional development programme for those currently in management roles in medical and health organisations or those aspiring. At the of the course, participants would;
- Be able to fully develop their management role.
- Have appraised their practice profitability and its relationship to the quality of service and service provision within practice.
- Manage practice resources more effectively and efficiently
- Ensure that their colleagues in the practice have a better understanding of the medical practice manager’s role.
- Have increased their knowledge of management principles and techniques of their specific practice, general practice and the wider health care sector.
- Have identified solutions to problems commonly experienced in the management of medical practice
- Have achieved improvement in specific skills such as budgeting, people management, risk analysis et cetera.
- Reappraise their own job role using what they have learnt on the course of professional and personal development.
Course OutlineThere are eight standalone modules on this programme including management areas such as;
- Operations Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- Organisational Governance
- Patience Care System
- Quality Management
- Risk Management
Registration and Contact Details
|Date:||September 17 - 19, 2018|
|Registration fee:||N10,000 (non-refundable)|
|Tuition fee:||N180,000 (One Hundred and Eighty Thousand Naira Only)|
|For Further Enquiries, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 08090890909, 08085369898, 08085369976, 08086815957|
|Register Online Recommend Programme|