Practical IFRS Conversion Workshop
The International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) has come to stay in Nigeria; evidenced by strong regulatory presence, widespread awareness, continuous professional training and development and unceasing concerted efforts by many corporate organisations to comply with practice and timing requirements.
Notwithstanding, professional accountants and their management executives still grapple with the challenges of actual conversion and many of the post conversion problems but this is only expected of any major change that affects both a practice and the processes of the practice. It is easy to think that only those involved with accounting and finance need to get involved or will be affected by the wholesome change. However, the lessons learned by the EU’s listed companies in the last phase of their conversion experience indicate that a much broader perspective is needed, and that the knowledge of Standards and their applications are a different ball game compared to the actual conversion exercise.
Conversion to IFRS must be treated as a project to be carefully planned and executed. Although many corporate organizations outsourced their conversion from the Nigerian GAAP to IFRS, the accountants and their managements still need to better understand what their consultants have handed to them and be able to deal with the implications of the conversion on their structures and continuity.
After attending this workshop, students should be able to
- Understand and analyse financial statements prepared under full IFRS requirements
- Determine the tax bases of assets and liabilities
- Compute income tax with the inclusion of deferred taxes.
- Understand financial instruments and the basis of their classification.
- Determine the fair value of financial instrument using amortized cost.
- Fully understand the IT implication of conversion to IFRS.
- Have a good grasp of the recent changes and updates in the various Standards
- Identify the implications of regulatory guidelines issued by the FRCN
Registration and Contact Details
|Date:||June 13 - 14, 2019|
|Registration fee:||N10,000 (non-refundable)|
|Tuition fee:||N140,000 (One Hundred and Fourty Thousand Naira Only)|
|For Further Enquiries, Contact: email@example.com, 08090890909, 08085369898, 08085369976, 08086815957|
|Register Online Recommend Programme|