Superior Business Writing, Effective Communication & Presentation Skills
This course developed in workshop format consists of five (5) different academic study and research skills delivered back to back over a period of two days. The skills taught on the course are the followings;
- Business Writing and Originality
- Types of Report and their Presentation
- Using Turnitin to prevent or detect Plagiarism
- Grammar and Sentences: Styles, Formatting & Software
- Punishing Plagiarism
The Centre for Academic Integrity, Research & Antiplagiarism (CAIRA) provides series of information and innovative support for both business and scholarship in the area of qualitative knowledge creation and dissemination. The Centre encourages respect for individual creative abilities, mutual recognition and respect for the work of mates and colleagues. The object of CAIRA is the creation and support of a culture of academic research and integrity that is able to create qualitative studies and innovations that will affect both the professional and social lives of the people. Academic writing and integrity as a concept in education is the foundation of the objectives and core values of the Centre for Academic Integrity Research & Anti-plagiarism (CAIRA). Therefore, CAIRA is continuously involved in the processes of information, learning, research, academic writing, publication and discussion that will enhance quality learning, excellent studies, innovative research and honest practices across academic communities.
This business and academic skills course will help professionals and scholars alike to recognize the importance of original business writing, academic writing, research reports, and integrity in their academic and career pursuits. It will enable them to understand what constitutes academic dishonesty and other unethical widespread practices in the Nigerian business and academic communities. It will uncover the basics of original writing, integrity and anti-plagiarism, detailing specific academic offences and explaining ways that businesses and authorities of institutions could detect and may deal with such offences. The programme which is taught as five different modules within two full days adopts series of interactive classes, practical exercises, assignments and case studies in syndicate groups and discussions amongst delegates from the same or different institutions.
The course is taught by a mix of local and foreign academic who combine decades of academic integrity research and teaching experiences with rich cultural diversity, vast international exposure and excellent information technology skills.
Finally, this programme which is the first business and academic learning of its kind will also provide delegates with some additional resources that should be useful for further personal study and research. There are many resources and opportunities available to the delegates; and the mode of delivery for this course is designed to create a rich learning and sharing experience for both the students and professionals.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Develop the skills for constructive or critical thinking and writing
- Understand established rules and guidelines for citation and referencing
- Become familiar with the different scenarios based on different sources of information
- Understand and practice some common styles such as the Harvard referencing
- Create a “healthy” skepticism without this skepticism leading to the stiflng of creative and innovative report writing.
- Adopt creative tools for information gathering, usage and sharing
- Gain a historical perspective of current state of business writing and reporting
- Use skills and knowledge acquired in the course to evaluate the quality of the publishable write-ups, speeches, addresses and reports.
- Define academic integrity and understand its fundamental values and principles
- Demonstrate an understanding of the specific actions and behaviors that constitute academic dishonesty or plagiarism in both business and academic writings.
- Recognize the standards, policies, and procedures to abide with in exhibiting and supporting originality in business writing and academic integrity practices.
- Identify their roles and responsibilities in maintaining originality and integrity in their business and report writing duties.
- Access additional information and resources regarding originality and integrity issues in information gathering and usage.
- Apply their knowledge of originality in business writing and academic integrity to real-life scenarios by evaluating examples of acceptable and unacceptable behaviors in the use and dissemination of information and ideas.
- Become more familiar with the use and functionality of TURNITIN and other antiplagiarism systems.
Registration and Contact Details
|Date:||November 20 - 22, 2018|
|Registration fee:||N10,000 (non-refundable)|
|Tuition fee:||N180,000 (One Hundred and Eighty Thousand Naira Only)|
|For Further Enquiries, Contact: email@example.com, 08090890909, 08085369898, 08085369976, 08086815957|
|Register Online Recommend Programme|
Note: Anti-plagiarism and Academic Integrity is a module under this course. Please, note that participant interested in this module must signify interest on the registration form.
Academic Integrity Study & Guide (Olugbenro Oyekan)