This programme is based on our ability to share one of our dynamic capabilities. Our promise is to not just teach you how to design and deliver training; but to also guide you through the design of some training items while we prepare you for the delivery.
This is so you can be more confident in designing and delivering more materials subsequently all by yourself.
At the end of the training, the participants are expected to be able to:
• Explain the changing role of training for human performance and improvement;
• Describe the role of the trainer and the needed competencies for workplace learning
• Describe Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and the methods for identifying training needs
• Identify the components of a training design and some techniques and methodologies suitable for training
• Explain Adult Learning Principles and Bloom’s taxonomy’s used in identifying training needs and designing training;
• Determine logistical requirements in organizing and conducting a training
• Present sample of a functional training design
• Prepare a lesson plan
• Enumerate tactics in effective presentation
• Enumerate steps in facilitating the learning process
• Identify ways to evaluate training effectiveness at four levels